Roker Lighthouse Tour Terms and Conditions
Entry as part of the tour will constitute acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions between Sunderland Seafront Trust (the ‘Trust’) to provide the Roker Lighthouse Tour to you and your guest (s) (‘You or Your’).
Please read the following information carefully:
Accessibility and Health and Safety
Access to the tour is by walking and staircase only, with low headroom and a chance of standing water in the tunnel. There is no working lift in operation and there is no step-free access. Due to health and safety requirements, the Trust may refuse entry if you are not wearing appropriate closed-toe shoes. Wellingtons or sturdy waterproof walking shoes are recommended.
We regret that due to the length of the pier, the historic design of the Lighthouse with steep ladders and stairs and the conditions in the tunnel you must have an adequate level of fitness to undertake the Tour.
Trust guides have the right to refuse entry to the Tour where there is any concern about whether the Tour is suitable for You. You must declare any personal health or other conditions to the guides prior to the commencement of the tour that may affect Your ability to take part in the tour.
Anyone suffering from claustrophobia, vertigo, heart or respiratory conditions is advised not to undertake the Tour. Some staircases are very steep and must be descended facing the stair. Trust guides will inform you if this is necessary.
Conditions of Entry
- Our guides are very experienced in looking after each one of our visitors and will warn you of any possible risks throughout the Tour.
- You must observe all applicable laws, byelaws and health and safety requirements, policies and announcements relating to Tour as directed by Trust guides.
- Admission to the Tour is at your own risk. The Trust shall have no liability for any loss, damage or injury to person or property, except due to the Trust’s negligence.
- If You do not follow any directions given by Trust guides or cause damage, nuisance or injury to another ticketholder or to any Trust guide, Trust guides may at their absolute discretion eject You from the Tour.
- You will be refused entry to the Tour if You appear to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances. The Trust reserves the right to refuse entry to the Tour at its absolute discretion.
- Smoking or consuming food is prohibited anywhere on the Tour.
- Photography is permitted. No professional audio visual or audio recording equipment may be brought onto the tour without the express permission of the Trust and Sunderland City Council. No tripod or tripod equipment will be allowed into the Lighthouse.
- You consent to photographs being taken of You by Trust guides whilst on the tour. You consent to Your images being used by the Trust for any promotional material.
- You will not interfere with the running of the Tour or the comfort and convenience of other visitors to the Lighthouse.
- These terms represent the whole agreement between the Trust and You, and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangements and understandings.
- The agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of England and Wales.
Lighthouse Tours – Terms and Conditions Updated 15/01/2024
- The Trust reserves the right to make any changes to the tour (including cancelling or postponing the tour at short notice) owing to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances and events outside its control (for example, as a result of bad weather closing the pier and making the Tour unsafe). The Trust will endeavour to notify You as soon as it becomes aware this is necessary.
- The Trust will not be liable for any expenses You incur as a result of the postponement or cancellation of a Tour including but not limited to hotel and/or travel expenses. You must ensure you provide the Trust with the
most up to date contact details on Your Booking Form in case the Trust needs to contact you.
- You are advised to check your email and text messages before setting off for the Tour. The price of your tour will be refunded if the Trust has to cancel.
- If you have to cancel, the Trust will endeavour to resell your place on the tour, and if successful the price of your tour will be refunded.
The Trust asks that You do not attend if you have COVID symptoms.
- You must report for the tour to Adventure Sunderland, Marine Walk, Roker, Sunderland SR6 OPL where you will be met and taken to the Roker Pier Base Ro0m and from there to the pier.
- Access to the premises is monitored by CCTV 24/7 to ensure the safety and security of our visitors.
- You must inform Roker Pier Tours by emailing rokerpier@.com of any change of email address or telephone numbers if they are different from those supplied at the time of booking.
- By making a tour booking the visitor is deemed to have read, understood and accepted the Tour Terms & Conditions.
- Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to the owner, we do not take responsibility for any item held in lost property.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited in all areas of the premises. Anyone found to be breach of this rule will be asked to leave the premises.
- Users may not bring any pets onto the premises or the tour.
- We recommend that You arrive around 10 minutes, and no later than 5 minutes before the beginning time of the tour.
- The only language available for the conclusion of the contract online is English.
- You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to the Trust that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
- You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. The Trust will not send confirmation via post or text message.
- Confirmation of your booking will only be sent by email to the email address entered on the Online Booking Form. It is your responsibility to notify us if you do not receive this email within 10 (ten) hours of booking.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the tour is stated on the Roker Pier Tour website .
- Bookings can only be made online on the Roker Pier Tour website. Group Tours are available, email email@example.com.
- Major credit or debit cards are accepted to settle the payment.
- Payment is to be made immediately upon booking, using one of the payment methods indicated on the website.